This Vehicle is from one of our previous Auctions. To see the Vehicles in our latest Auction CLICK HERE
Registration No. Not Registered
Count de Dion and Georges Bouton joined forces in 1883 to produce steam vehicles in a small works at Puteaux outside Paris. They soon decided to move into the internal combustion engine business, and by 1895 were producing motor tricycles that soon became very popular and led to a series of sporting water cooled single cylinder light cars of around 1 litre capacity of which this is a later 1909 example, displacing 950ccs. Larger cars in the range included an 8 cylinder 50 hp model, but it is for the pre 1914 ‘voiturettes’ that Count de Dion is remembered, and for which he received the epitaph ‘Father of the French Motor Industry’.
|No image available